Sunday, April 19, 2015
Balboa Park • 10am - 5pm
Getting to EarthFair
- Don't sit in traffic: take a shuttle, ride transit – avoid 163!
- Exhibitor List
- A list of exhibitors at EarthFair 2015, plus links to their websites.
- Exhibitor Finder
- Select topics of interest from a list and see the description and weblinks of exhibitors who address those topics.
- EarthFair Map
- Find your way around the fair.
- Earth Times Magazine
- Click to download the special April 2015 issue containing the EarthFair Program and EarthFair feature articles, plus environmental stories of general interest.
Our annual EarthFair in Balboa Park is the largest free annual environmental fair in the world. EarthFair 2015 will be our 26th annual event! Each year, the EarthFair draws around 60,000 visitors.
Produced by 400 volunteers, EarthFair 2015 will feature more than 300 exhibitors, special theme areas, a Food Pavilion, a special Children's Activity Area, five entertainment venues, the Children’s Earth Parade, the eARTh Gallery art show, and the Cleaner Car Concourse.
Our exhibitors form the heart of EarthFair. They represent every type of environmental organization, governmental program and commercial enterprise with goods, services and causes that address our environment and quality of life. Our exhibitor fees are graduated to allow everyone to participate, from the smallest organization to the largest corporation.
It's impossible to list everything you'll find at EarthFair: traditional conservation organizations, wildlife preservation groups, products made from natural and organically grown crops, organic gardening information, alternative energy vehicles, ecotourism opportunities, many alternative and traditional health care products and services, pet adoption services, clean air and clean water products, rainforest preservation groups ... the list goes on and on.
If your organization, club, or company is interested in exhibiting at EarthFair, click here.
Special for Kids
In our Children's Activity Area you’ll find crafts, games, face painting, storytelling, and a hands-on activities for children of all ages. Activities are intended to educate, entertain and inspire youth, in the spirit of Earth Day. This year, participants will learn to make paper, find out about recycling, make gift cards from recycled materials, and learn how to visit wild areas without disturbing the environment. Our Children’s Stage features youth-oriented performances throughout the day. And be sure to visit the Magic Stage, in front of the Lily Pond on El Prado, for the Dr. Wilderness Family Magic Show (see below).
EarthFair will feature five stages. We’ve already mentioned the Children’s Stage, featuring music, song and storytelling aimed at the younger set. The Moon Stage (at Park and Presidents Way) and Sun Stage (behind the Federal Building) will feature a variety of contemporary music by local artists.
The Dr. Wilderness Family Magic Show returns to Balboa Park for the 15th year with a spectacular program on the "Magic Stage" directly in front of the Lilly Pond. Dr. Wilderness was named "America's Premier Environmental Magician" by the Audubon Society, and has performed more than 3,500 school shows in San Diego. Shows are at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Come early and grab a good seat. Great family Fun!
Our eHome exhibit area showcases products and technologies that can make your home more environmentally sustainable. If you're building a new structure, or adding to an existing home, alternative home-building technologies, such as straw bale and steel-frame construction, will be of interest. Find out about energy- and resource-saving products and materials, like energy-efficient appliances and low-E windows. A wide variety of solar electric systems available now, to help you get off the grid will be shown.
The eARTh Gallery features works by San Diego artists and craftsmen, using recycled materials or showing depictions of "Endangered Spaces" in San Diego County. The artwork will be presented on the lawn area next to Presidents Way and Park Blvd (by our food court, exhibit area 9).
Have you created earth-friendly arts or crafts you'd like to display? Click here for more information and to sign-up online.
Tired of the nitrate-filled hot dogs and sugar-loaded sodas you usually get at large public events? Then step right up to our Food Pavilions in the Plaza de Panama and Park & Presidents Way for a change of pace. You'll find out-of-the-ordinary vegetarian fare that will make you wish it was available in the park all year long. If you are interested in being a food vendor at EarthFair, click here.
Children's Earth Parade
The Children's Earth Parade (All Species Welcome) starts at 10:30 am by the Spanish Village and marches through the Park to the Children's Area in the Pan American Plaza. Participants are invited to dress up as endangered species, present their favorite earth-friendly messages. To find out more about the Children's Earth Parade, including how you can participate, click here.
Cleaner Car Concourse
The Cleaner Car Concourse features vehicles of all descriptions that all run on alternative fuels (hybrids included). This isn't just “the future”: these are vehicles being used on the road today. The vehicles will be on display in the Pan American Plaza.
Do you have a vehicle that belongs in the show? Please click here to find out about registering.
The EarthFair goal is to be a zero-waste event, meaning that everything that is discarded is either recycled, reused or composted. And an event the size of EarthFair can generate tons of waste. Last year, we diverted 90% of EarthFair waste from the landfill!
Let's do even better this year. When you have something to discard, look for one of the 30 Zero Waste Stations with the black, blue and green containers. A "trash talker" at each station will help make sure your discards go in the right bin - and can answer any of your recycling questions.
Fifty- to seventy-thousand people can create real transportation problems. If you arrive after about 10:30 am, there is often no CAR parking close to the Park.
Not to worry, though. Click here for some alternatives to keep you from being stuck behind traffic on Park Blvd. trying to get into the park to find non-existent parking spaces.
How Would You Like to Participate?
There are several ways for you to take part in EarthFair:
- As a visitor. Just show up ... it's all free. But, arrive early so you don't miss the Earth Parade, and so you have enough time – there's a lot to see and do.
- As an exhibitor. Does your company, organization, club, or school have a product, service or cause that would be appropriate for the EarthFair? Click here to find out more!
- As a volunteer. Each year, about 400 individuals just like you come out to make the EarthFair happen. Whether you'd like to help out for a few hours, take on a major accountability, or something in between, we have the job for you. Come help put on a party for 60,000 of our closest friends. Click here to find out more!
- As a sponsor. Our exhibitor fees only cover a part of the expenses of producing EarthFair. With recent dramatic increases in fees for city services, it would not be possible to continue producing the event without the generous support of our sponsors. Sponsorship levels are available from $1,000 to $50,000, and will provide excellent exposure for your company or organization. For more information, please call (858) 272-7370, or click here.
EarthWorks Earth Day 2015 Sponsors
EarthFair 2015 Exhibitors
As of March 26, 2015. List updated weekly.